The private sector received recognition in the Paris Declaration (2005), the Accra Agenda for Action (2008) and the Busan Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation (2011) as an active actor in the development discourse, as a source of financial flows, and as a benefactor from an enabling environment for investments at the country level. A significant number of countries now highlight private sector development as a key element of poverty reduction on national development strategies.
Friday, 11 July 2014 00:00
Private Sector and Development
- CALL FOR PROPOSALS: DEVELOPMENT RESULTS OF PRIVATE SECTOR PROJECTS FINANCED THROUGH OFFICIAL DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE Written on Thursday, 08 February 2018 06:30
- INCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIPS MULTISTAKEHOLDER VALIDATION/ WORKSHOP IN CAMEROON Written on Monday, 24 April 2017 07:31
- Civil Society statement on the Second High Level Meeting (HLM2) of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation (GPEDC) Written on Thursday, 08 December 2016 06:31
- CSO Nairobi Declaration on the Nairobi HLM 2- FRENCH Written on Monday, 14 November 2016 12:16
- CSO Nairobi Declaration on the Nairobi HLM2 Written on Wednesday, 09 November 2016 13:18